Gladys Field Polk Elementary
Dr. Gladys Field Polk served many years in the Brazosport I.S.D. as the Director of Elementary Education, as a school principal and as a classroom teacher. Dr. Polk had a great love for school children and respected all her teachers who taught in the elementary field, knowing most of them by name. Dr. Polk served public education in many positive ways. One very vital contribution was the fact that she was instrumental in establishing the Kindergarten Program in the state of Texas. The city of Richwood was very proud to have a school established in their community.
Polk Elementary was constructed in 1980 and opened its doors beginning with the 1980-81 school year. We have Pre-Kindergarten through fourth grades on our campus. We have many special programs and activities which support education.
The mission of Polk Elementary is to provide educational opportunities and ensure that all students are future ready.
Ensuring students learn at high levels in a culture of collaboration with a focus on results.
- Polk Elementary students demonstrate academic skills in reading, math, and writing.
- Polk Elementary special population (GT, Sp.Ed., At Risk) students demonstrate academic skills in reading and mathematics.
- Polk Elementary students demonstrate behaviors that support academic success.
- Polk Elementary students demonstrate technological skills for success.
- SEARCH Gifted and Talented Education
- Accelerated Reader Program - Reading Initiative
- Daily Panda Time
- WATCH D.O.G.S. - Dads Of Great Students
- Boys & Girls Club
- After school clubs
- Bilingual/ESL program
- PBIS initiatives
I will be positive,
I will reach higher,
I will achieve more,
I have the ability!